Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

Anyone Interested in Studying for JLPT N5 Together?

Forum Index » 一緒に勉強しましょう! [Let's study together!] »
8 Posts | 327 Views | 3 Followers

Anyone Interested in Studying for JLPT N5 Together?

Number of Posts

Hello, 

I am seeking japanese study buddies for exam JLPT N5. I will sit the exam on 7 July 2024 and since I know no one who is even remotely interested in learning Japanese and sitting this exam, I wonder if there is anyone who is interested in sharing the experience/or tracking each other progress/or hosting study group sessions, etc.?

I have been studying Japanse on and off for about three years, but I am still a relative beginner and would like to sit the lowest level exam - N5 in July 2024 (N4 will be a long shot for me at the moment primary because of the listening, many more grammar points and kanji). My native is not English, but I am fluent. I have also finished Minna No Nihongo Book 1 and Genki Book 1, but don't mind going through them again with someone if the need arises.

Thank you.

Diana (from the UK)

#1 Posted by diana12 about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

Hi Dianna:

It is nice to meet you here, I would love to take the JLPT N5 exam together with you. But since I just started learning, I guess I might not able to make it by then. But love to connect and help each other. Thanks.

Geoffrey (from London)

Glam

#2 Posted by Geoffrey Lam about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

Hi Diana,

I would love to be a study buddy with you as I want to restart my study progress. My mother tongue is not English but I can handle conversations. 

I have been alone ever since I started learning Japanese language and always hoping to have a friend to learn Japanese and discuss about Japanese language together. I'm really appreciate if you could considerate about me being a study buddy with you.

Thank you.

TSKT.Ray

#3 Posted by Oliviaray about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

Geoffrey Lam wrote on Saturday

Hi Dianna:

It is nice to meet you here, I would love to take the JLPT N5 exam together with you. But since I just started learning, I guess I might not able to make it by then. But love to connect and help each other. Thanks.

Geoffrey (from London)

Hi Geoffrey! That's great, thanks for replying and nice to meet you, too. It is nice to have someone who also studies Japanese to exchange tips, learning progress, resources, etc. Are you on any course, or using textbooks? I did attend some Japanese courses in London before, but with varied success. I am now completely self-studying, so it is nice to establish this connection or perhaps even a three-four people group of other learners to make it more fun and encourage each other.

#4 Posted by diana12 about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

Oliviaray wrote today at 2:29 PM

Hi Diana,

I would love to be a study buddy with you as I want to restart my study progress. My mother tongue is not English but I can handle conversations. 

I have been alone ever since I started learning Japanese language and always hoping to have a friend to learn Japanese and discuss about Japanese language together. I'm really appreciate if you could considerate about me being a study buddy with you.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for this lovely message and it's nice to meet you! Olivia, right? Let's connect and discuss Japanese and our learning! May I know where you are in your language journey? I think I can pass N5 JLPT but not very comfortable at all - it is so important to build a very solid primary level foundation. Listening is something I struggle with a lot. Thanks again for responding!

#5 Posted by diana12 about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

diana12 wrote yesterday at 11:35 PM

Oliviaray wrote on Monday at 8:59 PM

Hi Diana,

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for this lovely message and it's nice to meet you! Olivia, right? Let's connect and discuss Japanese and our learning! May I know where you are in your language journey? I think I can pass N5 JLPT but not very comfortable at all - it is so important to build a very solid primary level foundation. Listening is something I struggle with a lot. Thanks again for responding!

Hi, it's really wonderful to get your reply back and I'm truly excited to be able to connect with you. I'm Olivia and you can call me Olivia or Ray whatever is fine. To be honest, I've already passed intermediate level but I'm not sure about myself whether I can use or have knowledge about Japanese language like a true intermediate level learner should. Especially, kanji and vocabulary are the ones troubling for me. So, if you don't mind, I would like to start my journey again together with you.

Thanks again for your consideration.

TSKT.Ray

#6 Posted by Oliviaray about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

Oliviaray wrote yesterday at 5:06 PM

diana12 wrote yesterday at 11:35 PM

Hi Diana,

Thank you.

Hi, it's really wonderful to get your reply back and I'm truly excited to be able to connect with you. I'm Olivia and you can call me Olivia or Ray whatever is fine. To be honest, I've already passed intermediate level but I'm not sure about myself whether I can use or have knowledge about Japanese language like a true intermediate level learner should. Especially, kanji and vocabulary are the ones troubling for me. So, if you don't mind, I would like to start my journey again together with you.

Sure! You passed intermediate level? Does it mean JLPT, or something else? And, yes, to be honest, I re-started learning Japanese from scratch 2 times at least, so my level is probably highter than N5. but it is Japanese, right? you can never revise or revist it too many times. It is interesting than you mention that vocabulary and kanji are your weak points, because I believe they are my strength and I struggle with listening and grammar, so perhaps we can truly help each other. 

#7 Posted by diana12 about 1 month ago
Number of Posts

diana12 wrote today at 8:26 PM

Oliviaray wrote today at 12:36 PM

diana12 wrote on Monday at 11:35 PM

Hi Diana,

Thank you.

Sure! You passed intermediate level? Does it mean JLPT, or something else? And, yes, to be honest, I re-started learning Japanese from scratch 2 times at least, so my level is probably highter than N5. but it is Japanese, right? you can never revise or revist it too many times. It is interesting than you mention that vocabulary and kanji are your weak points, because I believe they are my strength and I struggle with listening and grammar, so perhaps we can truly help each other. 

diana12 wrote today at 8:26 PM

Oliviaray wrote today at 12:36 PM

diana12 wrote on Monday at 11:35 PM

Hi Diana,

Thank you.

I passed both from JLPT and NAT-test. And I think I can help you with listening as it is the part I'm confident in.

TSKT.Ray

#8 Posted by Oliviaray about 1 month ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.