Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

What are your favourite videogames?

Forum Index » テレビゲーム [Video Games] »
33 Posts | 9,229 Views | 32 Followers

What are your favourite videogames?

Number of Posts

So what are the videogames you have played that you would that rate the best, enjoyed the most, and try to convince all your friends to play? I'm asuming that most of these will be Japanese games, because as we all know, the best games come from Japan :P

Without a doubt my favourite game is Final Fantasy VII! This game is absolutely brilliant - a true masterpiece, at the time it was released it really raised the bar of what was possible in a videogame. It's got one of the best musical scores you will ever find in a videogame (or elsewhere for that matter). At the time it was released the graphics were state of the art and a cut above all other rpgs, but most importantly it had a truly wonderful storyline with plenty of twists, memorable characters who you grow to love, and a villian who was twisted, evil and had turned his back on humanity, but at the same time had a sort of legendary aura that you just couldn't help admiring. If you haven't played it yet, I suggest you do!

My next favourite game would be Star Ocean - The Second Story. This too is another old JRPG that contains all the elements that makes a great game. Its one of the last JRPGs released on the PSONE andthe graphics and sprites were done completely in 2D and because of this it is a real visual treat. The musical score is is extraordinarily beautiful and it has an epic story of adventure, quests and romance. One of the great things about this game is how many optional things there are in it. From memory I think there is around 170 possible different endings to this game, depending which hidden quests you completed and the relationships you developed between the characters. There is so many things to collect, 100s of private actions to enjoy, and a huge number of skills to learn like cooking, alchemy, musical notation and writing, this game will keep you occupied for 100s of hours.

Finally a little known wonder, Ever 17 ~ The out of infinity. This is a visual novel game, and wow, it completely changed my perspective on visual novels and how a story can be told. The real key to this game is that slowly when you play ( and more importantly when you replay ) the game you begin to learn more and more about the story and characters in it. It is really amazing how well everything fits together, and how eventually all the clues you get build up to something that is quite extraordinary. I really love this game!  Also because the game is fully voice acted in Japanese, it is a great learning tool as well.

Some of the other games I love include: Harvest Moon, Demento (aka Haunting Ground), Legend of Kartia, the rest of the Final Fantasy Games and Ephemeral Fantasia, I'll write more detailed reviews of them later.

#1 Posted by flint over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

1. Metal Gear Solid 4.

2. Final Fantasy VII.

3. Final Fantasy VIII

4. Final Fantasy X.

5. Biohazard 2.

#2 Posted by Chesterr over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Mother 3

Chrono Trigger

The World Ends with You (<- This one takes place in Shibuya so it's a great way to learn about Japanese culture, and the game doubles as a map!)

Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

#3 Posted by Crystal6 over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

I would have to go back to my roots from the "older" years of gaming:

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)/Majora's Mask (2000) The platforming is amazing and basically the same, the targeting system is golden; it was an instant classic in my eyes..

-Megaman (1987)/Megaman X (1993) Popular amongst the more retro gamers who have followed it during the years; Megaman X was a real sequel with new and improved controls and moves which allowed for better platforming (no transition screens, except for the boss battles; still ok in my opinion because it added a level of suspense).

-Sonic (1991) I'm talking about the original here, not the weird ones they've been coming out with now.. *COUGH* SONIC 'O6 *COUGH* A good difficulty (just right!) and an overall feel-good game (the music and colours).

-Jumpman/Mario (1983) Originally designed for the Commodore 64, Apple II, Colecovision, and IBM PC, Jumpman was the leader into the Mario series, which is full of feel-good games (ie. Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario, Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door).

I like a lot of the Zelda games including the first game from 1986, Wind Waker, Skyward SwordLink to the Past, and Twilight Princess (despite what people say about this game because it was on the Nintendo Wii, I found the story and art to be very good and captivating, albiet the controls were difficult at times, you should just play it. smiley

"Instead of being afraid of the challenge and failure, be afraid of avoiding the challenge and doing nothing."

"チャレンジして失敗ことを恐れるよりも、何もしないことを恐れる" ーSoichiro Honda (本田祖一路)

#4 Posted by 美恵来ちゃん~ミ☆ over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

I reallllly like Catherine, Bayonetta, and Persona.

I'm currently playing 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. :,)

Lately, though I've been doing more visual novels ^^

ねぇ〜今日は何処に行こうかな?

#5 Posted by Murasaki over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Biohazard 1;

Biohazard 2;

Biohazard 3;

Biohazard 4.

#6 Posted by taresu over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Phoenix Wright and its accompying sequels! It's an incredibly immersive experience, making you become one with the game and its characters~ I highly recommend playing it! ^w^

cool

#7 Posted by cftcft9090 over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Super Metroid all day, every day, no problem

#8 Posted by m1k371097 over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

FF7

Ninja gaiden series

Ryu ga gotoku series( aka yakuza)

Metal gear solid 

Resident evil 4

#9 Posted by Rogue000 over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Zelda Ocarina of Time 

Kingdom Hearts 2

The Last of Us

Resident Evil 4

Final Fantasy X-2

Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - OMG! I got addicted to Otome Games because of this!

Always believe in yourself.

Do this and no matter where you are, 

You will have nothing to fear. 

- Baron (The Cat Returns)

#10 Posted by Ladymanga20 over 10 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.