[たの()··]
tanoshii
Irregular Kanji

English Meanings:

i adjective
  1. enjoyable; fun; pleasant; happy; delightful
Number of Posts

友達と日本語を勉強するのが楽しいですよ!

It's fun to study Japanese with friends!

#1 Posted by flint over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

Good good, but help me here, I need romaji in most cases, where can I find it, I wanted to know what the name tanoshii stands for, went to Home of the forum and ended up here, excellent explanations, oh-oh, just now saw that you placed at top 'Show Romaji' check-button, why didn't you provide the romaji by default, I lost 1 minute to search for it in the main body.

I am a fool. Oh, yes! I am confused. ~ Other men are clear and bright, ~ But I alone am dim and weak. ~ Other men are sharp and clever, ~ But I alone am dull and stupid. ~ Oh, I drift like the waves of the sea, ~ Without direction, like the restless wind. ~ Everyone else is busy, ~ But I alone am aimless and depressed. ~ I am different. ~ I am nourished by the great mother.

#2 Posted by Sanmayce over 9 years ago
Number of Posts

It would be great if you showed how you pronounce it too, instead of just audio :)

天使
#3 Posted by tenshichan over 7 years ago
Number of Posts

tenshichan wrote today at 3:28 AM

It would be great if you showed how you pronounce it too, instead of just audio :)

Hmm, only if spoken differently (saw/heard a lot of examples here), otherwise the kana should suffice ??

#4 Posted by OpaPeter over 7 years ago
Number of Posts
I'd to know of anyone can explain it clearly about the usage different between 楽しい and 嬉しい. I mean I'm gonna write a report about them so I'm need for some help urgency. Thank you so much.
#5 Posted by Mai_Kinoko over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

The meanings are pretty consistent with the English translations.  楽しい means fun and enjoyable, 嬉しい means happy glad.

They are both reflect positive emotions, so are similar in meaning, but 嬉しい is the positive emotion based on the results of something happening, while 楽しい is the positive feeling you get when your are doing something.

試験に合格してうれしい。
I'm happy I passed the exam.

遊園地で遊ぶのは楽しいよ。
Playing at the amusement park is fun.

#6 Posted by flint over 5 years ago
Number of Posts
Thank you so much.
#7 Posted by Mai_Kinoko over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

It's a very thoughfully constructed site, where one finds conjugation, sentence examples, pronounciation and kanji all in one place.

#8 Posted by TaJaCon over 5 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.