[()·かま()]
okama
okama

English Meanings:

noun
  1. pot
  2. volcanic crater
  3. (one's) buttocks
  4. male homosexual; effeminate man; male transvestite (often derog.)
Number of Posts
クネクネした感じ - does 'kune kune suru' or 'kune kune shita kanji' mean to act effeminately, or give a girlish impression? It's from an example sentence for the word 'okama' and after 'kanji' in the above phrase the sentence goes on to say 'ga okamapoi desu ne'. The translation given is not word for word precise and I couldnt find クネクネ suru on this site.... Just curious is all, I rather enjoy these types of verbs in Japanese, as in 'me old lady, itsumon guchi guchi shiteiru dayone!' ;-)
#1 Posted by SeattlePaddy over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

This word really does carry a negative connotaton to it which I feel the entry should mention, kind of like "transsexual" in english is a rude word for transgender people (usually trans women).

Also it terms of use, since whether east or west it seems people really have trouble distinguishing effeminate gay men from trans women (very much not the same thing, though historically drag queens have been both that's more of again a lack of distinguishment that didn't exist before more modern LGBT development grew).

My japanese isn't good enough or niche enough though to know if there are any non-rude words for transgender people however, except maybe that the word "transgender" in English has to some degree managed to seep through perhaps.

#2 Posted by Tiamat851v5n over 6 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.