Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

日本に旅行 (にほんにりょこう)

Forum Index » 日本に旅行 [Travelling to Japan] »
3 Posts | 3,500 Views | 4 Followers

日本に旅行 (にほんにりょこう)

Number of Posts

I've been thinking a lot about travel in these last few months (especially leading up to University for me) and because I also want to do exchange programs to Japan. I've been looking on various websites, blogs, and articles about different places that people claim to be the "best of the best" when if comes to traveling. However, I think that its all up to one's own personal opinion - everyone has different styles that reflect the things that they may or may not be interested in. For me, I've been looking at both the "recommended" sites and places where people haven't really given the same consideration. I've made my own personal list of some places that I'm interested in (hopefully you will/are too!) and I hope to get some feedback as to what some of you guys think as well! 

大雪山国立公園 (だいせつざん こくりつ こうえん)

​This is the biggest national park in Hokkaido! I just love nature, so I have quite the weak spot for things like these.. (^ ^); I absolutely would want to also visit the 天人峡温泉 (てんにきょう おんせん), which is a hot spring located at the back of the park. On the website I was looking at, it had it labelled as a "run-down resort", but from there you can go about 10 minutes on foot to look at waterfalls and other beautiful sites. 

八重山諸島 (やえやま しょとう)

​The southern most island group of  沖縄県 (おきなわ).

It has a quaint, rural feel; the southern most uninhabited islands in Japan. Gorgeous beaches where you can snorkel, dive, as well as other beach-related activities (relaxation!). Take the time to look at pictures of this destination - the beaches and atmosphere here look absolutely awesome!

郡上八幡 (ぐじょう はちまん)

​This place was founded in the 16th century after the construction of the 郡上八幡城 (ぐじょう はちまん じょう) and is well known for their summer dance festival and waterways. The waters here look crystal clear - just wonderful! This town is also the leading producer in Japan for making food replicas, which is a cool little fact and if you're into those sort of thing, it may be interesting to check out. (^ ^) On all the websites I was looking at,  they all made a note on how the town's dance festival is definitely something you should see or be a part of.

Well, that's all I have right now for the main places I want to go, but if you have some other places that you want to talk about, post something on this thread! I would love to hear some other people's ideas for travel and bounce some ideas off one another so I can add some more places to my list of places that I want to go in Japan. Also for everyone else as well! (ノ`v`)ノ~☆☆

"Instead of being afraid of the challenge and failure, be afraid of avoiding the challenge and doing nothing."

"チャレンジして失敗ことを恐れるよりも、何もしないことを恐れる" ーSoichiro Honda (本田祖一路)

#1 Posted by 美恵来ちゃん~ミ☆ over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Hokkaido is certainly on the list for me. :) I know they also have a little fox farm there that I would love to visit. Not to mention that it has cooler weather that I'm used to. The nature there also seems gorgeous, and I'm very curious about the Ainu culture there as well. I don't know if you're planning to go to Hokkaido during the winter, but apparently their winter festival is a lot of fun. 

I think my number one spot at the moment though has to be the Island of Kyushu, specifically Fukuoka City/Prefecture. I'd love to check out the Yatai stands near the water. I love food and Fukuoka prefecture seems to have a lot of it! If there's anything I would love to try, it would be some Hakata Ramen. The train travel to other prefectures from Fukuoka city also seems really easy and convinient. It would be awesome to visit the hot springs in Beppu. 

I also love how close it is to other countries. I studied in Korea a few years ago and it would be great to just take a ferry ride from Fukuoka to Busan for a weekend. 

#2 Posted by Tundra_Foot over 9 years ago
Number of Posts

You should all experience Shiga! I lived there for a year and it was amazing! Very pretty and surround the mother lake (Biwa).

Any body looking to meet up around metro-detroit, MI and discuss Japanese I'd love to meet!

#3 Posted by adam wolf over 8 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.