Recent Posts

Currently Online

Recommendation ♪

Forum Index » 日本のドラマと映画 [JDorama & JMovies] »
6 Posts | 3,052 Views | 4 Followers

Recommendation ♪

Number of Posts

Hi there, ☆

Sometimes I don't know what kind of dorama should I watch. I often read recommendations about series, but sometimes  I can't find the actual film on the net. So I thought to start a new topic, where we could share good movies or films with the site name where you've watched them. :)

So if you waht to laugh a lot I recommend you guys, 'Otomen' , 'Atashinchi no Danshi' and 'Abarenbo Mama'. These were so much fun. And I watched them on gooddrama.net with English subtitles.

Otomen is about a guy, who has girlish hobbies, and good at cooking, crocheting, etc. and in Japanese material arts. But his mom doesn't know about it, and he has to keep it in a secret.

Atashinchi no Danshi is about a girl, who is homeless and has hugh amount of dept because of his father. She got married with an old guy, and become a mom of 6 adopted boys. Basically the story is about forming a family with tons of hilarious scenes. :D

Abarenbo Mama is about a 22-year-old girl, who also got married with an older guy. But someday a boy enters their house and says that he will live with his father from now on. It's also about forming a family and fitting in the mother role.

If you want to see a touching movie I have 2 recommendations. When I saw them I was crying at the end. I also watched them on gooddrama.net.

So Rinne no Ame or in English The Rain of Reincarnation is about 2 brothers the little one has autism. They get in the middle of an investigation of a murder case happened in the factory where the younger brother works.

And the other one is Matataki, I can't count how many times I cried on this one. It's about a girl who lost his boyfriend in an accident, but she couldn't remember what had happened. She decided to remember the whole last day they spent together, no matter what. This was so moving.

So these are my recommendations. What about you guys? :)

<3

#1 Posted by lusandra over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

Hi lusandra!

They all sound pretty good!  Out of all them I've only seen Aberenbo Mama, and yeah that was a great dorama.  Actually it has my favourite actress in it Aya Ueto!  If you enjoyed that dorama, you should definitely check out Attention Please! I originally downloaded and watched this from d-addicts, though you can find it on dramacrazy.net if you want to watch it streaming (pretty much everything is on those two sites).  Its about an extremely tomboyish girl (played by Aya Ueto) who on the spur of the moment applies to become a flight attendant to try to impress a guy she has known since childhood.  She then has to go through some pretty rigorous training, and though at the start she has no respect for the job, she eventually starts to love the job and dreams of becoming a flight attendant.  Its a great feel-good dorama with lots of fun moments, a great cast, and is quite touching a times.  Definitely recommended.

Next up, Nodame Cantible! Its a really fun and quirky romance between the unbelievably cool, but strict and formal aspiring conductor Chiaki-sama, and the extremely gifted and talented, but totally weird and messy Nodame, who despite her obvious talents with the piano only wishes to be a kindergarten teacher.  Again this show has a great cast, is unbelievable fun, and has some of the best classical orchestrated music you will ever hear in a tv series.

Hana Yori Dango is another of my favourites.  Its about a poor schoolgirl (Tsukishi - the strong weed), and her struggles against the mega-rich group of boys who control Eitoku Academy, the top school in Japan for the rich and the spoilt (umm I mean famous).  A very fun story with a lot of twists!

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) is about a ex-gang member Onizuka Eikichi and his desire to become a teacher.  Well he gets the role, but the class he is assigned to is full of kids with problems, who have lost all trust in adults and are intent on driving all their teachers out of the school.  Onizuka-sensei uses some extremely unorthodox methods to bring the students back into line.  Again really fun, touching and highly recommended!

And finally if you are looking for something a lot more serious, try 1 Litre of Tears.  This has got to be the saddest drama I have ever seen, based on the real-life diary entries of Aya Kito who suffered from the incurable disease spinocerebellar ataxia, it shows the struggles and joys she experienced as she lived while the disease slowly took effect of her.  This show will leave you crying every episode, but will also reward you with hope and strength of the human spirit and the will to fight against whatever may come.

Look forward to hearing more suggestions!

#2 Posted by flint over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

Nodame Kantabire is good. I like the anime better though. 

For jDrama, I don't know if it's good enough but I like this:

Jin : A story about a doctor who stranded to the past. At first he thought it would distrupt the history, but in the end he's helping people of the past using his knowledge. It's a bit bloody (very little), and scary at times (when he's operating someone).

Shiawase ni naritai : It's rated very low, but I like it. The story about a girl and her family living in poverty because of her father missing. They ran out of money and the girl takes a job but failed and thought she has no other choice but to work as a prostitute. When she's going to register she is saved by a woman from her last job. And she began to did her best working to school her two little brothers.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Horikita Maki ver.) : This one is pretty funny and a good one. It's about a girl who sneak to all-boys school and disguise as a boy to support her favorite high-jumper who have stopped jumping. Definitely a must-watch!

There are more jdrama but I forget, and 4 kdrama I like. Whatever. hehe.

fyi. I think almost any drama with Horikita Maki as main protagonist is great. cmiiw

Wakappa!

#3 Posted by kyururin over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Ack, you have no idea how many times I've watched the Nodame drama, I love all iterations of the series tbh.

I really only have a few to recommend, but they're really good, I swear! Thugh I do tend to lean on the more girly side lol

女王の教室 (じょおうのきょうしつ)It's about a middle school class that's taken over by a seemingly extremely stern&unforgiving teacher, Akutsu Maya. You start off very close to hating her, to me, that feeling really lasted nearly the whole series. Nearly. I love this drama because I managed to have me squeeze out a tear at the end of the special (*cough*allergies, I swear.)

ラスト・シンデレラー really girly drama about a middle aged bachelorette who works as a hairdresser. I found a lot of myself in her, honestly, because she really isn't the ~kawaii desu ne~ type of person, also her friends remind me of my 2 best friends also. It was really relatable to me, but I guess you'll have to see for yourself.

35歳の高校生 (35さいのこうこうせい)35 year old Baba Ayako returns to high school to finish up where she left off.  This is mainly about the fickleness of traditional high school groups, such as the popular kids, nerds, bookworms, otaku, etc etc. & how it affects peoples whole lives. As you find out more about Baba's life, you realize just how serious & how deeply these things affect how people treat others in a fishbowl environment like High School.

ねぇ〜今日は何処に行こうかな?

#4 Posted by Murasaki over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

^ Yep Nodame is just sooo awesome!!!

ラスト・シンデレラー sounds pretty interesting, and I've been wanting to watch something new with Shinohara Ryoko in it, so far I've only seen her in Unfair and really loved her role in that.

Here's a few more that I've just watched in the last few months:

アンフェア (Unfair) - A detective / police drama, where the protagonist ( Shinohara Ryoko) is the pariah of the police force, yet she strives continuously to put justice first despite seemingly everyone having a grudge against her.  Has some great drama elements as well, the relationships between her and her daughter are really tear-jerking.

悪夢ちゃん (あくむちゃん - nightmare-chan)- Akumu-chan has sort of a fantasy / fairy tale feel to it, and is just an awesome family type drama.  Akumu-chan, is a elementary school student who has prophetic nightmares, whatever she sees in her dreams comes true.  She continually gets her unwilling teacher (played by Kitagawa Keiko) to resolve the problems from the clues provided in the dream.  A really fun and cute drama!!!

家政婦のミタ (かせいふのミタ - the housekeeper mita) - I cried more watching this drama than I did watching 1 litre of tears.  The basic premise of this drama is that a housekeeper starts working in a family home that has just recently lost their mother due to an accident.  Not all is as it seems though, and the family goes through a number of traumatic experiences.  The housekeeper too (played by Matsushima Nanako) is someone who never smiles, and will due anything that is asked of her.  If you've seen GTO before, there is a similar feel to this drama, problems tend to be exposed / resolved through extreme means.  Finally the performance of Matsushima Nanako is purely amazing in this drama, you have to watch it to believe it.

#5 Posted by flint over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

I think you should step out of your comfort zone and watch dramas that have a different genre. You'll be surprised at how refreshed you will feel if you tried watching different dramas. You should also try watching Thai and Korean dramas. Each has a different approach that you will definitely notice. The best thing about it is that you get to know the different cultures of each country. You will also learn different languages even just the basics you will definitely pick some phrases If you want romance dramas, I highly recommend watching boys over flowers or Playfull kiss.

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#6 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 3 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.