Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

help translating.

Forum Index » 一緒に勉強しましょう! [Let's study together!] »
8 Posts | 1,645 Views | 5 Followers

help translating.

Number of Posts

after rougly 10days im now able to read hiragana at a decent speed. i found a children book that is started translating and i have no idea.

きたかぜ と たいようが ちからくらべをすることになりました

so i translated it to kita kaze taiyou ga chikara kurabe wo suru kotoni narimashita

after browsing dictrionnary i get north wind sun power contest to be especialy to succeed ///.

havnt realy learned particles markers but i guess that wouldnt help me much if i end up with that . 

the children story here : http://www.portals.co.jp/isopp/kitakazetotaiyou/index.html

#1 Posted by ruberu over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

I think essentially it translates to "The power of the northen wind and the sun rays competed and I compared"

Kitakaze= Northern wind

Taiyou = sun rays/ sunlight

chikara = power

kurabe = past tense of 'compare' , 'compared'

と - this particle is 'to' and is more or less equivalent to the english connective 'and'

を - this particle is 'o' is an object marker and is generally used when completing an action.

For example: " (watashi wa) kudamono o tabemasu" =  I will eat fruit ( in this sentence, the object was fruit and the action was 'to eat') or in a question format: ' kyou, nani o shimasu ka' = what will you do today?

I hope this was helpful! (=^.^=)

#2 Posted by Anju over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

thank you !  im a bit too new to start translating i guess :P. ill finish memorise katakana then study,verbs,particles and such. seem like a good way to start.

#3 Posted by ruberu over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

Hello someone knows a link or a book where i can find it to read hiragana untill i can learn it well. Thanks for the help.

Unica

#4 Posted by Unica over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

I actually suggest to do both writing AND reading.

For hiragana words you practice them writing with common words such as ありがとうございます and こんにちは。

For katakana words you can practice them by choosing 20 fruits and 20 animals. These words are often written in katakana. It's hitting three birds with one stone. 一石三鳥。You learn vocab, you are practicing writing, and when going over your notes you're practicing reading as well.

For purely reading you can practice with children's books, manga, and subtitles from kids' shows or anime (e.g. Chi's sweet home). You can even try to write your own short manga/stickman.

childrensbooksforever.com

childrenslibrary.org

raw.senmanga.com

kitsunekko.net

JLPT N5 has plenty of hiragana as well.

UPDATE:

hukumusume.com over 100 short stories with sound files. Some of them have kanji. Some not.

life.ou.edu/stories/ has 16 Japanese folktales mostly written in hiragana.

ehonnavi.net has about 20 children books written in hiragana that can be read once.

d(^_^)b

#5 Posted by machigainai over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

Arigatogozaimasu!!!!!! I will take it into account, you give me a great advice. Thanks!

Unica

#6 Posted by Unica over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

どういたしまして!

Graded readers are great too.

You can read some children books on ehonnavi for free, but you need to register with an email and password

and then sign in

before you can browse them with flash player.

You can read books that say ためしよめ for free once.

At the top you can choose between from age 0 to 12.

Have fun.

d(^_^)b

#7 Posted by machigainai over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

This is great I need to read to learn more so I will do it for sure! ありがとうございます

Unica

#8 Posted by Unica over 5 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.