Recent Posts

Currently Online

Favorite artist? , Page 2

Forum Index » JPOPと日本の音楽 [JPop & Japanese Music] »
29 Posts | 15,446 Views | 25 Followers

Favorite artist?

▶ View the first message for this thread
Number of Posts

My favourite J-Pop artist is probably Kana Nishino because she has the best vocals and her songs are always so pretty and easy to listen to.smiley

cheekyAmy

#11 Posted by Yakusoku1998 over 9 years ago
Number of Posts

hi amy,

how are you? i like to listen to jpop song too. so you said that Kana Nishino song is good so i will try to download it. anyway, nice to know you. ja matta nae. see you soon.

youko

#12 Posted by zae youko over 9 years ago
Number of Posts

Some of my favorite bands are Man with A Mission, Back-On, Maximum the Hormone and I could go on for awhile. I really don't listen to anything but Japanese music anymore.

#13 Posted by Kenshin95 over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

I really listen to nothing but Japanese music!

Some of my favourite artists are Morning Musume (モーニング娘。), nano (ナノ), MY FIRST STORY, fudanjuku (風男塾) and Nishizawa Shiena (西沢幸). laugh

がんばろう!

Let's do our best!

#14 Posted by fizzypon9 over 7 years ago, last modified over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

Wagakki Band!! They bring something new because they're very creative. I love their traditional Japanese X Western fusion theme whilst keeping it visually pleasing in that nice oriental tone. Their new albums and MVs always bring me smiling with excitement :3. The songs are well compose, each member seems quite skilled in their area and despite there being 8 members playing different instruments, it always falls nicely together. If you're not after their beauty (the members and their songs are so beautiful) then you might find that their lyrics are very releatable and inspirational

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo 千本桜 Senbonzakura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5zj3dwNxJw 
戦-ikusa- 

Not to mention is X Japan!!!! The face of Visual Kei being VK's creator and the music gods of Japan. I love their music because of how much it impacted Japan's music scene and culture at the time (creativity is the way!). I love how emotional it is too. I love how beautiful their music is and just how it can be so many things like upbeat, funky, hard-hitting yet sad, meaningful and so downright cool at the same time! When you watch their "We Are X" documentary, I think that's when your heart truly sinks. Even though it got tugged so much listening to all of their albums. It somehow gets tugged some more when "We Are X" is fresh in your mind. It's on Amazon if anyone is curious O.O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W37_xInM448 Jade

Lastly - I love Maximum the Hormone. They're music is AWESOME but also pretty comical. It gets quite heavy but they keep it light and *very* interesting too with the drummer's pop vocals, alternating tempo and their humour! I don't get bored. I love finding their music videos to be a huge purposeful joke as well as small jokes in the lyrics like in a line of a song called "Fukkatsu no F":
"無論  終わらん魂   I don't have a power! Sh*t!". It rhymes and is supposed to be a joke. I love them. MTH are pretty creative too and I respect them for that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YV6IJLoBv4 Self-titled song. Trolling begins at 0:00. Should watch from 1:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwT5JlH8gM 
え・い・り・あ・ん Trolling begins between 1-2 minutes.

Also worth checking out: Asian Kung-Fu Generation, ONE OK ROCK, existtrace, Dazzle Vision, My First Story, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Ikimono Gakari and Amazarashi.

~*I love Japan for it's progressive nature despite it being a conservative society. I suppose the 2 ends of the spectrum bring many people together from all aspects. This interests me.*~

#15 Posted by YayaNanto over 6 years ago
Number of Posts
My fave singers are more seiyuu than Singer but I like みどろかわひかり& とりうみ こすけ So much beside Taniyama-san & Tk from ling tosite sigure .
"Japanese can also be my life like English" 'Emelia'
#16 Posted by Emelia over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

My fave band is Inkipuss and Acdc and Mettelica...

HI my name is xavia live on...[angel] (•)^(•)  (*^*)

cool life is short but a long road is a head of you so keep calm and carry on living your lifesmiley .

#17 Posted by xavia over 6 years ago
Number of Posts

I'm not very knowledgeable about J-Pop/Rock but I really love ONE OK ROCK (since 2015!). And recently I've been listening to Yonezu Kenshi and Suda Masaki. :D

ジン

#18 Posted by misajin2996 over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

My favorite has always been Gazette

#19 Posted by theuchihaXboss over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

YUI is considered a Japanese rockstar right? I love her... Long time doesn't hear any new single from her though...

ESSAM 

#20 Posted by essam over 5 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.