Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

A Beginner Trying to Study

Forum Index » 英語の会話 [English Chat] »
8 Posts | 1,551 Views | 8 Followers

A Beginner Trying to Study

Number of Posts

Any study tips for native English speakers studying Japanese? I use this website, some apps on the play store and Duolingo. Currently learing Hiragana.

So far, I do this to study -

- Speak Japanese to friends who are also studying

- Use YouTube to look up and practice phrases

- Write Journals in Japanese

- a n i m e

~ ketsueru

#1 Posted by ketsueru over 4 years ago
Number of Posts

Keep up the good work

Doug Sherman

#2 Posted by Doug Sherman over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I use lingodeer and uchisen, they're both apps on ios not sure if they're on android though

#3 Posted by kmp1446 over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I use this site and this one smiley

https://www.renshuu.org/

#4 Posted by BubbleAubrey over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

JapanesePod101 has helpful videos on youtube for hiragana and katakana. It helped me remember them a lot easier because of the picture associations. If you want kanji study tips, I recommend Remembering the Kanji by Heisig. It doesn't teach pronunciation, but it's really helpful with stroke order and learning basic kanji meanings. Some of the descriptions are so specific or outlandish, I can't help but remember them, lol

Also, there's a cool video in Japanese that teaches hiragana, katakana, and some kanji. It's on the older side, but it's interesting! 

#5 Posted by BleachedPastel over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I'm going to try Uchisen, ありがとう

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

#6 Posted by Trinity Seven over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

It helps if you have a dictionary. There are packet books with hiragana, katakana, kanji, and romaji in every English word. I’m not sure where to find one. I used to have one when I was young and it was my mother’s. smiley

Aurea Granado Olivas

#7 Posted by AureaRea over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I've been learning on and off and have made little progress, but now I have sat down and said "I am going to learn this". Also my friend is learning Korean on her own, so that gave me motivation. I've been using this site, and I learn vocab and grammer on Youtube with "Nihongoal". さよなら!

Congo

#8 Posted by 惑星 over 3 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.