Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

A Question Over Titles and Honorifics

Forum Index » 一緒に勉強しましょう! [Let's study together!] »
1 Post | 122 Views | 1 Follower

A Question Over Titles and Honorifics

Member Since
19 Sep, 2018
Number of Posts

I have a question that's been bugging me for a bit - 

I've heard plenty over using something along the lines of XY-はかせ for someone with a PhD, or XY-せんせい as a general way to speak to/about teachers - but I've never heard or haven't learned the titles for other roles, like medical doctors or members of clergy. 

Are there any titles similar to the English term "Pastor" [I.e. - Pastor XY], or any other job-specifc titles I should keep in mind before speaking to any professionals? Or is XY-さん polite enough to use when-in-doubt?


#1 Posted by Balsamic V. about 8 months ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.