Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

[Improvement Request] - Lessons and Resources

Forum Index » サイトの質問 [Question about the site] »
3 Posts | 806 Views | 1 Follower

[Improvement Request] - Lessons and Resources

Number of Posts

This isn't a complaint or anything, I would just like to offer some suggestions on how I think these aspects of the site could be improved.  Tanoshii Japanese is my favourite online platform for learning Japanese, and I wish it were more popular.

-Lessons - I think there are too few (although I absolutely LOVE the lessons that go with Easy Peasy Japanesey's videos).  I think it would be nice if there were some more added, perhaps covering their own little category.  Some examples of possible lessons are: animals, commonly used words (not just phrases, but everyday words words like "raddish", "cabinet", or "button"), or nuances between similar words.  Maybe even an interactive story or two could be added (maybe with some pictures to emphasize and reinforce words).  I would love to see some interactive stories for Japanese, especially if they were traditional legends or folktales.

Also, maybe there could be a couple of lessons (other than the Hiragana and Katakana lessons) to give beginners a place to start.   The website has so much to do, it can be overwhelming not only if you are new to it, but also if you are new to the language.  (On that note, maybe there could be a tutorial or help page listing what all the different pages have and what you can do on them.) 

-Resources - The resources page is taken up by non-resource material.  Perhaps you could change the tab name from "Resources" to "Blogs", or sprinkle some resources in among the blogs.

I hope this didn't sound critical in any way, I truly love this website.  As I said before, this is my favourite website to learn Japanese on.  It just has so many features!  And it balances them all quite well.

~KKN

#1 Posted by Koukina over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

Thanks again for the suggestions, I really appreciate you taking the time to post and think of ways to improve the site.  Just to let you know what is planned for later this year:

Lessons: Once I get through the dictionary upgrade, I'll be working on upgrading the 'Your Lists' section, so that they work more like Easy Peasy Japanesey Video lessons. ie, anyone will be able to create and add sentences, as well write some lesson content.

I have plans as well to add in a guide for new (and old) users.  There is a lot of features that are there, but people don't know how to use them, and I agree, it is definitely overwhelming for beginners with the amount of options they are presented with.

Interactive stories is a great idea and something I hadn't thought of before ...

- Resources: My original idea for resources was to have a place where you can find textbooks, magazines and novels suitable for Japanese readers, as well as other blogs, apps and websites related to learning Japanese.  At some point I'll get back to doing that, but I can see your point about it being misleading with the Blogs section going in there.

And definitely, if you have any other ideas or suggestions, or even pet hates about the site etc, please let me know.

#2 Posted by flint over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

If there's anything I can do to help you with the site, let me know.  I'd love to help if I can.

~KKN

#3 Posted by Koukina over 3 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.