Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

Title: Why Japanese Live-Action Movies not as Famous as Animated in the West?

Forum Index » 日本のドラマと映画 [JDorama & JMovies] »
4 Posts | 1,407 Views | 3 Followers

Title: Why Japanese Live-Action Movies not as Famous as Animated in the West?

Number of Posts

I noticed movies that Studio Ghibli and Makoto Shinkai make are always famous. However, non-animated movies are not so popular. Is there something our non-animated movies are missing? 

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#1 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

emotion some of the movies that I have watched seem to lack emotion, Not that I am saying that they are bad because if they were I wouldn't be always looking for new ones but they could be better.

cellsidea53

#2 Posted by cellsidea53 over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I actually never thought of it that way. Yes, I might have to agree that those that you have mentioned are really famous works from Japan. However, I think that maybe what makes them more unique is the graphics that are being used to make them possible. I mean, Japanese animation is way different to the ones from Disney so I think that is one of the factors that actually make it more amazing. I actually think that there are actually popular live action movies too. Most are actually the ones in the horror genre of films. Those are nice.

Aurea Granado Olivas

#3 Posted by AureaRea over 2 years ago
Number of Posts

Well it is one of the main reasons why there is still a need for most of japanese movies to at least try to understand how it works at the very least. This is one of the big issues that we have to solve and i can assure you that there is success in it.

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#4 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 2 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.