Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

Can you recommend Japanese music that you’re currently listening to?

Forum Index » JPOPと日本の音楽 [JPop & Japanese Music] »
15 Posts | 1,997 Views | 14 Followers

Can you recommend Japanese music that you’re currently listening to?

Number of Posts

I want to explore mo genres of music and I personally love the style and uniqueness that japan offers, if there is anyone you can recommend me list them down below! thank you much!! 

Aurea Granado Olivas

#1 Posted by AureaRea over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I like Fukurou, Kujira, and Tanuki by Koukia.

~KKN

#2 Posted by Koukina over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I've been getting into the City Pop genre from back in the day. There are a lot of artists that I can recommend like Mizuki Ohira who has a gorgeous voice btw. There are also a lot of bands out there that do not typically do the usual rock but there are some parts of it that combine the city pop sound with the usual rock. Of course, JPop will also be strong but the instrumentals and the mix with the voices just makes it work when it comes to Japanese music. Another band that I like is LUCKY TAPES which is a great sounding band and they have a great discography.

Aurea Granado Olivas

#3 Posted by AureaRea over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

Hakujitsu by King Gnu has been on repeat for me for the last few weeks. It's so good.

And Inferno by Mrs Green Apple, too.

But if you're looking for City Pop, Telephone Number by Junko Ohashi is pretty great (that whole album is fun).

#4 Posted by MarioCanFly over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I like a lot of different genres, but Kenshi Yonezu is one of my favorite artists (he does a weird variety of stuff but I guess its like... rock pop..?), KANA-BOON (rock pop), POLKADOT STINGRAY (rock pop), and capsule (j-pop) from the early 2000's. 

I listen to a lot of video game music soundtracks as well haha!

~サラちゃん~ 

よろしくおねがいします.

#5 Posted by RiverGoblinGod over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I reccomend giving 'Mata Kimi ni Aeru hi' a listen, makes me cry every time.

alana mogan

#6 Posted by alana mogan over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

When it comes to Japanese music. I have been enjoying listening to AKB48. Just something to listen to if you are not on a good mood. They have this charm that will definitely brighten up your day. Also, there are also a lot of great artists such as Kenshi Yonezo. Flamingo is a good one. It might not be obvious but there are a lot of great Japanese artists right now. Also, Uno Misako's lost is also a good one. You just need to explore the Japanese music industry and you'll see how fun their music videos are! good luck!

Utagawa Aki

#7 Posted by UtagawaAki over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

Try listening to Phantasmagoria, it's a visual kei band with some kote kei elements, and some powermetal elements.

Then, there's also Nightmare, the visual kei band,

The GazettE,

Sadie,

Those are all visual kei bands,

I am currently still checking out new bands, so, youtube is very fun to browse, you can find new things. :D

Edit: Diaura is also another visual kei band that I listen too, that I would recommend.

レゴシ

#8 Posted by 蠍 Baxtan Sasovous Aeryth over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

There are a lot of JPOP songs that I have in a random playlist. I’ve been searching for a while now about what kind of songs that I have but honestly, I have a shuffle playlist on YouTube that have been rotating over the past few months. It is nice to have given that I can find even more songs because of it and there are many recommendations that are seen on the platform as there are so many artists that are making their names known on the same platform that I am using to collate this kind of music.

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#9 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 2 years ago
Number of Posts

I love all sorts of Japanese music, but I've been mainly listening to J-Rock and J-Pop, also some shoegazy and math-rock bands,

I've discovered dozens of bands with Spotify, so I'll list some of them if you like these genres:

• Mass of the fermenting dregs (the song "Sugar") - Shoegazy rock

• Local Connect (the song "Jinchouge") - J-Rock

• Supercar (the songs "Storywriter" and "Lucky Automatic") J-Rock, shoegazy

• Hump Back (Literally any song haha) - J-Rock

• Age Factory (the song "Merry go-round") - Japanese Pop-punk

• Mono no Aware (the song "Tokyo") - J-Pop

• Ivy to Fraudulent Game (the song "旅人") - J-Rock

That's just the tip of the iceberg though.

#10 Posted by YohKun over 2 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.