Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

[Suggestion] Add Windows IME compatible wildcard characters to the dictionary

Forum Index » サイトの質問 [Question about the site] »
3 Posts | 597 Views | 1 Follower

[Suggestion] Add Windows IME compatible wildcard characters to the dictionary

Number of Posts

I really like using the dictionary wilcards (. for one kanji, and * for any number of characters). The only problem is that I have to switch back and forth between my regular keyboard and the Windows IME Japanese typeset everytime I want to add a wildcard. That's because neither . or * are typable using IME (as far as I can find).

It's not too much trouble, just hitting Windows key + space, but it would still be nice to just be able to do it all in IME mode.

How about adding new alternative characters? Here's the characters I can easily type with japanese IME: ‘=-」「¥’;・。、

Maybe make 。work as the . (single character wildcard), and ・ can be the * (multiple-character wilcard)?

#1 Posted by Myuuun over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

The "。"  and "*" characters should already work when using the Windows IME Japanese keyboard.  Just type them the same as if you were using the English Keyboard.

If they are not, give me an example of what you are searching for and I'll check.  Thanks!!

#2 Posted by flint over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

Oh, you're right, they do work, sorry about that! I must have tested them wrong.

#3 Posted by Myuuun over 3 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.