Sign In

Recent Posts

Currently Online

Martial Arts enthusiasts?

Forum Index » 日本のスポーツ [Japanese Sports] »
8 Posts | 5,505 Views | 7 Followers

Martial Arts enthusiasts?

Number of Posts

Hello everyone! I've very new to the forum and the website, but I hope to be arond for a bit! :) 

I used to do Karate when I was younger for about 8 years and I have started practicing Naginata for about a year and a half. I was just wondering if there were any other people who likes/practices martial arts as well? Doesn't matter which ones! :3 

#1 Posted by Tundra_Foot over 9 years ago
Number of Posts

十歳から少林流空手を連取しましたと今合気会合気道も連取します。部度が好きです。

From when I was 10 I practiced Shorin-Ryu Karate and now I also practice Aikikai Aikido. I love martial arts!

Any body looking to meet up around metro-detroit, MI and discuss Japanese I'd love to meet!

#2 Posted by adam wolf over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

Hi everyone! I practice Karate and still do, Shotokan's our style. It's the best thing I've ever gotten into and will continue it as long as I live. Love Martial Arts Forever! Hmm...I was wondering, which other martial art would combine well with karate? 

#3 Posted by Rigel over 7 years ago
Number of Posts

I have been doing martial arts since college.  More than 35 years now.  Started in judo, which I still do, added jujutsu/aikijujutsu, kenjutsu, and karate.  Have played with a few others.  Rigel - I suggest looking to a throwing art. Karate is the Okinawian version of jujutsu - it is loaded with throwing, joint controls, and other things you could hone there and reapply.

Robin

#4 Posted by RobinDH over 7 years ago
Number of Posts

I started with kickboxing, than went to ju-jutsu eventually left martial arts in favor of yoga - fighting is overrated ;-)

Individualism is overrated.

#5 Posted by Yog-Sothoth over 5 years ago
Number of Posts

Tried boxing but preferred playing other sports. yes

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#6 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

I used to play soccer but stopped. My friend who I always invited in games is in an official team now so it’s good! laugh

31 years old from USA. New when it comes to Japanese Culture.

#7 Posted by Marlon Johansson over 3 years ago
Number of Posts

Hello, shotokan karate before dinosaurs ;-), now aikido school under HIKARI name in Warsaw, Poland

Hikari Dojo Warsaw Poland

#8 Posted by Hikari Dojo warsaw Poland over 1 year ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.