Recent Posts

Currently Online

Cooking with Dog

Forum Index » 日本の料理 [Japanese Cuisine] »
10 Posts | 5,974 Views | 9 Followers

Cooking with Dog

Number of Posts

No, this isn't a thread that teaches you how to cook dog! haha

If you enjoy japanese cuisine and you like to cook you definitely need to check out this youtube channel! It has very good japanese recipes that are fun to cook. and everything narrated by a dog named Francis! What else could we ask for? haha

http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog

#1 Posted by Rodri over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

Yep whenever I introduce cooking with dog to my friends, they always get this horrified look on their face, and I have to assure them that no, no ... it is not a channel about cooking dogs, it a channel where you get to learn oishii Japanese dishes, and there is a cute dog called Francis watching everything with great interest, hahaha.

If you are interested in learning to cook Japanese food, this is a great channel, the cook's instructions are always clear, and the food always looks so delicious!  The hardest part is finding the correct ingredients, some of the ingredients are very hard to find outside of Japan, so you might need to be a bit creative and think up alternatie ingredients.

I've always been a big fan of Okonomiyaki, my next challenge is to learn to make this recipe ... looks so nyummy!!! smiley

#2 Posted by flint over 11 years ago
Number of Posts

Hee. I love the Engrish in this video.

"You like button."

Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

#3 Posted by Crystal6 over 10 years ago
Number of Posts

Oh....Thanks for the link to this Youtube channel. I've been wanting to try cooking something new and different and I bet inspiration is hiding somewhere in one of those videos.

Arigato gozaimasu.

#4 Posted by evilbeard over 10 years ago
Number of Posts
Its pitty, i really admire cleanness of japanese, can't believe they actually Cook next to a dirty animal. Besides do people in Japan really eat inari with mushroom filling? I thought its already awesome enough with pure rice.
#5 Posted by Adachi over 8 years ago
Number of Posts
Does anybody remember the movie Black Rain, when the yakuza boss said: you brought the Rain to Japan? Now he can add cooking with dog, i cant believs that in Japan with so many smart people who have won nobel prices, Story tellers that are so imaginative and such a proud Tradition cooking with dog is allowed. I saw a documentary about a japanese soldier who fought in asia in ww 2, he was asked do you feel shame and he proudly said no. Even in singapor peoplepraised japanese. One said japanese showed us what real power is and now you have cooking with dog. Its so sad, soo really sad.
#6 Posted by Adachi over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

I have to say... That Okonomiyaki does look pretty tasty...

#7 Posted by Talyzar over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

This is way more common in China than Japan

Any body looking to meet up around metro-detroit, MI and discuss Japanese I'd love to meet!

#8 Posted by adam wolf over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

adam wolf wrote yesterday at 1:58 PM

i guess thats why in the Bruce Lee Movie the Karate school had a sign that said: Chinese and dogs must stay out. 

#9 Posted by Adachi over 8 years ago
Number of Posts

Adachi wrote on Saturday the 19th of September 2015 at 5:08 AM

adam wolf wrote on Friday the 18th of September 2015 at 4:58 PM

i guess thats why in the Bruce Lee Movie the Karate school had a sign that said: Chinese and dogs must stay out. 

LOL!

Any body looking to meet up around metro-detroit, MI and discuss Japanese I'd love to meet!

#10 Posted by adam wolf over 8 years ago

Only registered users may post in the forum. You can register your free 楽しい Japanese account here.